Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley Trek Via hidden high Annapurna Himalaya
Nar Phu Valley Trek marvelous adventure on the hidden areas of high and beautiful Manang valley, which was closed for visitors for ages and has been opened for trekkers and explorer since last 1998. At present Nar-Phu Valley Trekking is slowly getting popular among trekkers due to its pristine wilderness within high peaks of Damodar Himal range.
Adventure to Nar-Phu Valley an excellent and scenic walk suitable for all types of travelers from beginners and as well for expert trekkers to witness its amazing and mystical culture and custom as it was since past hundred of centuries back of strong Tibetan traditional way of life interwoven with Buddhism.
Nar Phu Valley Trek begins with an exciting overland drive towards Lamjung and Manang district, with overnight stops on route trekking in the comfort of nice and cozy lodges with impressive views of high peaks of Annapurna and Damodar Himal.
This scenic walk follows the famous and popular Annapurna circuit trail for few days and then our route leads into the complete wilderness towards high and hidden areas of Nar and Phu valley where you will have to explore the beautiful and scenic areas with its ancient Buddhist culture and monasteries.
From Nar, our walk leads to cross a high pass of Kang-la to reach Manang valley around its interesting villages and then our adventure heads towards Thorang-la pass, the highest point of the trek at 5,416 m and 17,700 ft high trekking in himalaya.
After Manang walk leads towards Mustang area visiting its holy areas of Muktinath with excellent views of Dhaulagiri and Tukuche peaks, as the walk follows towards Kaligandaki River valley at Jomsom a large town and headquarter of Mustang district, from this lovely town taking a short scenic flight to picturesque Pokhara where this marvelous adventure Nar-Phu Valley Trekking concludes with drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,290 m via Bhesisar 800 m – 08 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m – 05 hours.
Day 05 Trek to Kotto 2,670m – 05 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Dharmasala 3,230 m – 05 hours.
Day 07: Trek to Kyang 3, 020 m – 05 hours.
Day 08 Trek to Phu village 4,080 m – 06hours.
Day 09: Rest day at Phu village to explore Phu Valley.
Day 10: Trek to Nar Phedi 3, 545 m – 06 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Nar gaon 4,206 m – 06 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Kang La Base Camp 4,530 m – 05 hrs.
Day 13: Cross Kangla Pass 5, 322 m trek to Ngawal 3,650 m – 07 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m – 04 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Thorong High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
Day 17: Cross Thorong-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m – 07 hrs.
Day 18: Trek to Jomsom 2, 715 m – 04 hours.
Day 19: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 860 m – 20 mins flight.
Day 20: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 21: International departure for homeward bound.
Size of group: 2-6 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
Our 21 days itinerary of Annapurna Nar-Phu Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Nar-Phu Valley Trek to Manang Valley via alternative Kangla Pass would be ideal.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, tea-houses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 21days Annapurna Nar-Phu Valley Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the off the beatten valley trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Annappurna Nar-Phu valley Trek should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Nepal Base Camp Treks before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Annapurna Nar-Phu Valley Trek
- The best time to trek to the Annapurna Nar-Phu Valley Trek is spring (April to June) and autumn (Sepember to November). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
Full Board Package
Your safety during the journey is of paramount concern while traveling with Nepal Base Camp Treks and note that turbulent and cloudy weather is regular phenomenon along the Himalayas ranges and possibility of domestic flights from Jomsom to Pokhara may have to be delayed for few hours or even canceled for a day.
Any Weather conditions and health condition of a group member, or unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the tentative itinerary. NBCT leader will try to ensure your trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if any required.
As a safeguard we recommend you to add a couple of extra days after your trek before you fly from Kathmandu to your onward destination.