Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
Gokyo Lake Trek “the shadow of world highest peaks” Cho-Oyu and Everest
Gokyo Lake Trek one of the wonderful combination of cultural journey with interesting walks into traditional Sherpa villages with picturesque views of beautiful mountains and rolling green hills.
Nepal Base Camp Treks presents Gokyo Lake Trek where you can immerse with fascinating views of mountains exploring its rich cultural villages and monasteries of Buddhist religion in the backdrop of world highest mountains.
Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Cho-Oyu with other range of peaks trekking in himalaya. Entering a Gokyo Lake Valley Trek before everest base camp begins from the hustle bustle city of Kathmandu exploring its heritage sites of medieval period monuments and places of immense interest and then taking a spectacular short flight to Lukla, where this fabulous trek starts entering into rood of the world surrounded by giant peaks.
Walk leads through interesting Sherpa villages of immense Buddhist culture around Phakding-Monjo and famous Namche Bazaar the main village of Khumbu Sherpa, then heading higher within pristine alpine woodland of rhododendron-pines-birch-firs and oak trees.Slowly as the walk progress leaving the rich green vegetation for arid and dry landscapes within towering snow capped peaks and glacier fed lakes at beautiful Gokyo, here with time to soak within its awesome scenery as the climb leads to the highest spot of the adventure at Gokyo Ri a 5,357 m high view point offering glorious panorama of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and as far towards world 5th highest Mt. Makalu with series of smaller peaks.
After a mesmerizing moment heading back to Lukla using an alternative quiet and peaceful route past Phortse village to scenic Thyangboche Monastery with splendid views of snowcapped peaks, and finally concluding Gokyo-Ri Panorama adventure at Lukla with a flight back to Kathmandu after a overwhelming and exciting time on high Khumbu valley and mountains with wonderful guidance and services of Nepal Base Camp Treks.
Day 01: Arrival To Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Day 02: Morning Fly to Lukla 2,840m and trek overnight to Phakding 2,640m 4 hrs.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar Gateway to Everest 3,440m 6 hrs.
Day 04: Rest day for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar with short hike before heading more higher.
Day 05: Trek to Khumjung Village 3,800m 3-4 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,200m 6-8 hrs including lunch break
Day 07: Trek to Machherma 4,470 m 4 hrs approximately
Day 08: Final Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,790m 4 hrs,Explore glacier view after lunch
Day 09: Four hrs hike to Gokyo Ri at 5,357m and walk down to Dole 4 hours
Day 10: Trek to Tengboche Monastery via Phortse Village 3,800 meters 5-8 hrs.
Day 11: Trek from Tenagboche to Monjo via Namche 6-8 hours.
Day 12: Trek to Lukla Final walk 5-6 hrs.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 14: Explore Self in Kathmandu or Departure from Nepal to Sweet Home
On 16 days Gokyo Lake Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Gokyo lake Valley of the world’s tallest peak , Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Gokyo Lake Valley Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Sometimes if you wish to take many challenges and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kathmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, tea-houses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Nepal Base Camp Team before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Gokyo Lake is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone
Your safety during the journey is of paramount concern while traveling with Nepal Base Camp Treks and note that turbulent and cloudy weather is regular phenomenon along the Himalayas ranges and possibility of domestic flights from Kathmandu to Lukla or Lukla to Kathmandu may have to be delayed for few hours or even canceled for a day.
Any Weather conditions and health condition of a group member, or unexpected natural disasters, etc., can all contribute to changes in the tentative itinerary. NBCT leader will try to ensure your trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if any required.
As a safeguard we recommend you to add a couple of extra days after your trek before you fly from Kathmandu to your onward destination.
Full Board Package